- Manzoor Hussain Secretary
- Abdul Manan Additional Secretary
- Dawood Tareen Director
Deputy Director Fine Arts
Senior Account officer
- Balochistan arts council
- Punjab arts council
- Abassin arts council
- Karachi arts council
Culture Directorate promotes cultural heritage of Balochistan within Pakistan and abroad; supports literary activities through establishment and maintenance of Culture Complex’s, publication of books and patronage of scholars and intellectuals. Directorate of Culture makes efforts for the welfare of the intellectual’s writers, poets and artists – of Balochistan. The Directorate is well equipped and adequately resourced to achieve its above stated objectives and goals. The brief details of the functions and assets of the department are Promotion of Heritage of balochistan through cultural activities.
Goals & Objectives
The department has set some goals to meet as mentioned below
- To promote Culture activities and to protect and preserve the culture heritage of Balochistan
- To collect folk material and organizing scattered talent.
- Affording patronage and protection to Art which have been neglected for several decade and dying out.
- Propagate and project the distinct cultural image of the region by arranging exhibitions, puppet shows, folk performances of music and dance.
- Training people of the Balochistan in the folk arts and other fine arts.
Key function of the Directorate Culture
- Fine arts classes like Planting, Calligraphy, Music, Photography and Theater workshop.
- Drama, Features, Musical Show, exhibitions and such other programs are arranged from time to time which prominently depict art, culture etc of Balochistan.
- Directriate of culture has a very important wing which is litrature wing in which we promotes poets, writers and authors of local languages i-e Urdu, Balochi, Bravi, Pashto and Hazargi. This wing is also responsible for holding various kind of mushaira’s in mother languages for promotion the art and litrature in the province.